Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Cumulative Effect

Aerial View of the south side of my backyard



Moe on squirrel watch,
Several are now missing tails
He is a tough guy when it comes to keeping the yard squirrel free!


Silver Dollars blooming for the first time in my backyard!


Beautiful Bell Flowers given to me by Margot- I have several now all over the yard


I just came in from some yard work. I love these early days of May- temperature in the mid 60's, cool breeze, this is my kind of weather! I do not do well in the heat.

This year I am experiencing a cumulative effect in the gardens. Seeds from past years are germinating. It looks like a bumper crop of lettuce is on the way. A few plants went to seed last year and this year I have little lettuce seedlings all over. The daylilies fall into that category. in a different way- they grow underneath the ground and add to their foliage each year. I have new shoots up all over. Other plants have dropped seeds as well and are starting to come forth now.
Emma Rose, still the prettiest flower in the yard!

It is a wondrous time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home