Friday, August 17, 2007

For the Birds!


I confess- my backyard is for the birds- well at least in part. For years now I have been feeding them. Certain grasses and "weeds" that produce berries and seeds are there for them. There are now three main water sources: the pond and two bird baths. The yard is fenced in. It has a hedge and trees and there are evergreens close on its borders. Moe, our faithful dog, keeps the cats out. It has become a refuge for our fine feathered friends. Even the pigeons (properly called Rock Doves) are welcome. We have had quite a few families bring new members in the world on the premises.

The birds reward me by eating a lot of garden pests (helping me stay organic) and provding beautiful music (just view any videos on this blog and listen).



Be sure to click on the pictures for enlargements... really cool!



(I am following in the footsteps of Rose Biggs, my Nana, who was a great lover of birds and my folks Larry and Gladys, who make sure that the birds in their yard are fed every day of the year)

1 Comments:

At August 23, 2007 at 8:21 AM , Blogger John said...

if the birds like your yard, you're in good shape. THey know what to look for!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home