Monday, September 30, 2013

Back Seat Rider

Somehow I managed a trip upstate and back without ever getting behind the wheel of a car! Thanks to Long Island Railroad, The Air Train and Jet Blue I made it safely there. My sister, Cheryl's family shuttled me around all weekend. Yesterday morning I headed back, in the backseat of my son-in-law and daughter's van.

The ride home was great, not just because I did not have to drive but because of the view I had. Besides the kids playing several movies on the two screens that came down from the ceiling I saw the interaction between my daughters and their husbands. It was wonderful. We laughed and had fun all the way home.
It brought me back to the road trips of years ago, when they were the ages of my grandkids. I love the way they enjoy life.

They also checked on dear old dad from time to time. I actually requested the back seat. I am so glad I did. I felt a kind of success in my far from perfect parenting days. I saw them as I was 25 years ago. I saw my dad who loved to make family trips fun. The 300 mile trip seemed to fly by. Home now the memory of yesterday lingers with me. My blessings even abound in the back seat of my kids' van.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home