Thursday, October 25, 2007

Emma Day


Something very wonderful happens today. One of my granddaughters is coming to Poppa's house for a visit.

Emma will come this afternoon. It is always a hilarious time when she is with Grandma Lucy and I. She has the ability to make us laugh like no one else. We have already begun to talk about some of her famous one liners.

Emma brings me back to my childhood. I loved it when Nanny and Poppa would come all the way out from Queens to Long Island! It meant being with people I loved and whom I knew loved me. It meant eating special foods. My Nanny virtually lived in the kitchen! I don't ever remember seeing her without an apron. My Poppa loved his METS and we would watch them (and moan and groan) together. After all that was back in the 60's!

So this is an Emma Day. My work as a pastor will be suspended for a 24 hour period and I'll do things she enjoys (Don't kid yourself! I enjoy watching kid's movies, doing little fun projects and getting on the floor and playing with toys.)

Being a Poppa to Emma and Lilianna is just plain cool. It brings joy to my heart and soul like nothing else on earth. I have already purchased the Barnum's Animal Crackers, prepared for some fun things to do together, set aside her favorite movie, etc. But it is just having her here under the roof that makes this Colonial House a Wonderland Castle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home