Thursday, January 31, 2008

Outback Today

I know it may not last, after all it is winter on Long Island (and that includes my backyard) but there is a feeling of spring out there!

Let me list them:

1- Today finishes the coldest month of the year.
2- The days are getting longer (2 minutes each day of more sunlight).
3- The crocuses are up.
4- The Stars of Bethlehem are too.
5- Today we conclude the least amount of snow in 75 years for a January.
6- I have not shoveled any snow this year.
7- The pond is thawed.

We also saw yet another red winged black bird today. Also out there was a gold finch and a cow bird along with our regulars.

I took another walk around the back this afternoon, following the Bible Study. Tomorrow is the first day of the last full month of winter. Seeds will be planted over the next few weeks inside. My dear wife Lucy is incredibly patient with my gardening hobby as the house will become a greenhouse at every window where the sun comes through!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home