Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Day After Christmas Surprise!

Whenever I need my soul renewed I go to a place in my house that is simply wonderful. It is a little breakfast nook. By the bay window in our kitchen we have a little table and chairs.

This morning I sat there sipping on some coffee and eating some breakfast while taking in the birds at the feeders. I put out my homemade suet recently and after 23 years of living here I saw my first nuthatch. He has become a regular now.

Here it is the beginning of winter, the day after Christmas. We are at the point when the days begin to grow longer but having just left the shortest day of the year, it is barely noticeable yet. But this morning a beautiful robin came and hopped around the backyard. A robin! Is that too cool?!

The icing on the cake is this comment made by Lucy, my wife, the other day as I pointed out the nuthatch in the tree outside our bedroom. I said, "What a beautiful bird!" Lucy remarked, "To me, all the birds are beautiful." Oh to see life with her eyes a little more than I do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home