Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Planes, Trains and Automobiles!


I'm taking the train this afternoon to my daughter's home. The train ride for me is fun. I am like a little kid on it- bringing snacks and all! This is the way my grandmother (my dad's mom) used to come every Thanksgiving and Christmas to our house when I was growing up. You know me- I love to talk to strangers and find out their story. I always meet interesting people aboard the LIRR and even the NJ Transit. This man with two kids was on the last NJ train I took. I asked him where he was going and he said no where special- I just wanted to take the kids on their first train ride. I felt like I was on the Polar Express or something. Magic sees to happen on trains!

I will glide over the highways jammed up with traffic today and be happy I am not in it. I have only have to change once and that is in Penn Station. I will get out to some makeshift playing music and the bustle of people. There is nothing like New York at Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't even have to go outside to catch my train to NJ. It is a 5 minute walk from where I get off to the NJ Transit. The ride is through the Old Jersey- Drew University, etc. The stations are all rustic and remind me of a time when I was a kid. It will be fun. On the other end will be my daughter and granddaughter. How cool is that?!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home