Wednesday, November 14, 2007

An Interview With the Coach

This past summer I stopped by the Coach's house and did a three minute interview with him in his gardens. The daylilies you see in my backyard have all come from his. He has been growing these beauties for about 10 years now.

There is a thing called Daylily Madness. It is when you begin to propagate the plants through splitting, cross pollinating them and finding proliferations and turning them into plants. Basically the Day Lily grower here on Long Island takes 6 weeks off from December1st until the middle of January. There is something to do with them almost all year round. Mine are being fed leaf mulch right now. I have a bunch of seeds in my refrigerator waiting to be planted. We put them in there because they are so virile they will begin sprouting at room temperature.

Although this was posted last July here in the backyard, there have been so many views of it I thought it was worth posting again in case some newcomers to this blog have not yet viewed it.

So enjoy my interview with the Daylily Master, Paul Limmer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home