Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Sign of God's Promise


To us it looks so beautiful,
God's sign in the sky,
To Him it appears
As a circle from on high.

He placed the rainbow
as a promise to His faithful few
To remind us He keeps His Word
And cares for His creation too.

Oh how the Father loves us,
His love is higher than all,
Yet We are told He take notice
When a sparrow falls.

So as we look to heaven
For Jesus to return
We see this sign of His Promise
That day for which we yearn.

My friend John Foster just took this picture moments ago. He sent it to me while we were talking on the phone. I saved and posted it while we still talking. I wanted to write about it. In fact I have been wanting to do a post on the rainbow for quite sometime now.

Did you know that a rainbow viewed from above is a circle? It appears as a ring from heaven. If you want to read more about that fact see the link below*.

God placed the first rainbow in the sky in Noah's Days. The record is in Genesis 9.
12 And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: 13 I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. 14 Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, 15 I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."

17 So God said to Noah, "This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth."

God is remembering His covenant with the earth and us its inhabitants. He sees it as we do. He sees the full circle. Wow! That is like life! That is life. He knows the beginning from the end while we see just a portion. Yet that portion is full of of His promises and is part of the bigger picture which God sees and has designed.

The rainbow is part of His grand plan. There is one in heaven surrounding God's throne. (Revelation 4.3) For me to see a rainbow is a foretaste of Glory Divine!

Keep looking to the sky!



* http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question18633.html

1 Comments:

At October 28, 2007 at 4:19 PM , Blogger John said...

very nice! Great words to go with the picture!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home