Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Brother Mark

It will be eight years tomorrow that Mark, my brother, went to be with Jesus. We miss him greatly.

The LORD restores our souls. God has rainbows for every storm. Sometimes we don’t see then until after it passes. May 12, 2000, my brother Mark went to be with Jesus. He died in a heavy thunderstorm. His favorite song was As The Deer Panteth for the Water. After he died and my parents came to his home, out front two stately deer ran down the edge of the river bank - his wife said she had never seen that before in the 10 years they lived there. The day after his funeral a white dove appeared in the church parking lot. Marianne, the pastor’s wife, called my mom and told her. A year later when Brother Hazard died, a white dove, on the day of his funeral a white dove landed in my garden. I took pictures of it. That July 4th after his death I was at my parents. They put in a memorial garden with all the plants and shrubs given to them. On that July 4th a storm came in but that evening God put a double rainbow in the sky. I took a picture - kids out on their lawn running around and God was saying, “I keep all My promises .” The deer, the dove, the rainbow... all things God uses in His Word to connect us to leaning upon Him and trusting Him.

He didn’t stop. Theresa, my middle daughter, just had a baby. Mark’s birthday was April 27th, 1960. Tristan Mark was born on April 28, 2008, the day after my brother’s birthday.

One day we will be together in heaven and be with Mark and we'll never have to say goodbye again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home