Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Early Early Bird

I have a family of catbirds nesting in my hedge now. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_Catbird)
They are so interesting. I am usually up at 5am and outside in the back on these warm summer mornings within minutes. Included in my daily routine is feeding the birds.

I like to get out there before them. If I don't they are waiting impatiently for me, chirping and calling and letting me know that according to them I am late.

This morning before dawn, I was out filling the feeding stations when there she was, the catbird. She was quietly getting some food before all the others. They generally do not come to the feeders, but feed off the ground, however they love the bird bath and are often seen at the pond.

1 Comments:

At June 24, 2008 at 9:01 AM , Blogger John said...

that's really cool. I'm glad i got to see them in person!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home