Thursday, November 6, 2008

Rainy Day

It is a rainy day in the backyard this morning. I am sitting here at the breakfast tale by the bay window looking outside. I just fed the birds. They are enjoying their breakfast too! A blue jay just came to one and pushed a number of sparrows out. A red winged blackbird did the same thing on an adjacent feeder. The peaceful mourning doves know what to do- they just hang out at the bottom and eat the spillover. Ah the advantages of living peacefully!

Most people don't like rain. Weather forecasters are among those that lead the disdain. I see the rain as life giving fluid for my yard and the world. One trip across the Sinai (I did that back in 1988) and you are sold on rain's blessings! How beautifully green Israel appeared as we approached the border!

So today I am giving thanks for the rain once again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home