Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Master's Hand

Back in 1974 I bought a Harmony guitar from a gentleman who did not have a clue how to play the six strings. He had purchased it from a person who needed money. I paid $35 for it. It reeked of cigarette smoke. I am sure the then 25 year old instrument could tell some incredible stories of where it had been, if it could talk. For years it sat in a corner, unable to be played because of a short in its electric system. A few months ago a saint in our church died at the age of 90. I had been her pastor for a quarter of a century. She was quite a lady. Her grandson, Ray, restores guitars. He took my old Harmony a few months ago. With his God-given skill, his hands went to work on the aged instrument. Last night I got to see his work. The guitar is actually in better shape than it was when it was new. I played it and out of it flowed beautiful mellow music such as I had never heard before from it. The master had done his work and I held the treasure, the finished product. Once a instrument played in bars where people drowned themselves in alcohol and sadness, where men cried in their beer, where poisonous smoke filled the room, now it will be played in church. It will play its own story in a way, the story of restoration, hope and what happens when the Master of Love touches people lives. The story continues in the souls of people today! Thanks Ray! P.S. Ray Matter can be reached through his website at http://www.aluminumguitars.com/ If you would like to speak to me concerning new life for you in your soul I can be reached at bayshorenaz@rock.com

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At March 31, 2011 at 3:39 PM , Blogger John said...

Great story!!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger TerryLittleMusic said...

Great Story! Thanks for the props!

 
At April 1, 2011 at 1:34 PM , Blogger TerryLittleMusic said...

Thank you for your service to god and the church and for the plug for Ray!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home