Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Good Times in the Backyard

I didn't get a lot done outside yesterday. I only was able to grab a few minutes in the morning and a few before the rain came in the evening. However what I did do was very satisfying.

I cleaned the pond filter head and watched a frog jump in. He will winter with us. Back in the spring he was just a tadpole. I love the fact that he stayed when he could have left!

I got some mulch around the newly planted apple trees.

I moved three day lily seedlings from the day lily nursery to a bed by the patio. The day lily nursery is simply a flower bed in the shade where seeds are planted each spring.

I pulled in some more cherry and grape tomatoes (yes there are still one ripening!) I also got some greens from the garden.

Putting around in the yard is so satisfying, even if it is a small slice of time here and there. It is therapeutic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home