Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mid Summer Patience

Okay, the annuals are tired. Some of the seeds you planted didn't come up. A borer got to your summer squash or maybe a squirrel ripped your corn off just before you were going to pick it.
Relax, it just means that you are a very typical gardener. The garden can be a challenge at times
I tell people all the time what they see in my yard are my successes. They don't see my failures... And trust me I have my share of them.

Here are a few ideas to lift your spirits and to give you some new beginning in this midsummer time.
1. Give your annuals a haircut. Trim them back. Your plants will become alive again with blooms.
2. Start a compost heap. This will become a gift that keeps on giving all year through.
3. Now is the time to start sizing up where you want to move perennials. I am bringing some tiger lilies to my folks home tomorrow.
4. Take some pictures of different shots of you yard. These will prove invaluable next year as you know where everything is!

There is a lot more you can do from planting seeds to getting some late bloomers and putting them in.

Have patience! It pays great dividend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home