Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Christmas Connection

Its Christmastime again in NYC! Even my backyard is 45 minutes from the city line and though Long Island is one of it suburbs, the influence of New York at Christmas is all around us. Miracle On 34th Street even has Santa living out here in Great Neck!

Some family members are heading to see the Radio City Christmas Show next week, we all go to the city for at least one trip at Christmas. Many times I have made that trek in over the years for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

Think of all the Christmas movies which took place in New York over the years! The songs like Silver Bells to Its Christmas In New York make this the place to be at these holidays.

As we transition this year into the full blown commercialization of Christmas from Thanksgiving weekend, I hope to be able to make that trip (in my mind) as I did 24 years ago to that City of David, that Little Town of Bethlehem. I want to stand, not as a wiseman but a simple shepherd, and worship Christ the New Born King.

I am thankful the LORD gave me a forever young heart. I am in my element as a kid at Christmas! For after 50 years of celebrating I have come to realize that it is not about gifts (even those Black Friday deals!), not about tinsel and trees or turkeys. Its all about that Baby Who was born on that Night and laid in the manger. Its all about Him. That is what I hope to get caught up in this next month.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home