Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Winter Is For The Birds!

Don't let the title mislead you! I love winter. We are on the eve of a major winter storm here on Long Island and I am like a kid at Christmas! I love snow.

My backyard in the winter shines. The plant life is asleep but the birds are especially beautiful. Their colors get brighter in the colder weather. We get some birds here the next three months which are scarce when the food sources abound in the wooded areas.

Without the foliage on the trees and with snow on the ground nearly perfect viewing conditions exist from my bay window in the kitchen. How many times I have worked there and looked out to see some wonderful sight! I keep my camera close by.

Yes, Winter is for the Birds!... and for those of us who enjoy watching them!



Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home