Friday, April 25, 2014

A Day In Spring In The Backyard

Today I went out in this yard I have written about here for over 7 years and filled the bird feeders, fed the birds, topped off the fish pond then moved some day lilies which the time they bloom in July have been  hidden under the shelter of my growing honey suckle and trumpet vine. Day lilies are best moved  in the fall but this was emergency surgery.

I had a meeting with a coworker this morning until noon. After a lunch meeting at the Peter Pan Diner I returned.

A couple of my grandkids came over and we did some more work like putting shells around a flowerbed. It look lovely.

Later I sat on the glider  with my two grandkids and watched quietly as the birds were all around us at the feeders. I explained which each one was. Maddie was on my lap. I asked her if she was enjoying herself and she nodded. Moments like these are some of the most precious in my life.

Its evening as I write. The grandkids are home and getting ready for bed. I am too actually! The cool spring air has done me in. I reflect for another moment about how wonderful it is to have a yard full of perennials and see those old friends each year at the same time. It is wonderful to share my yard with the fish and the foul and other guests. My spirit has been refreshed being out in my Father's World today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home