Monday, July 14, 2014

Thoughts From an Early Morning

I am sitting in my backyard at the picnic table. This table has been in the yard for 25 years now. It is old faithful. I have had to do some repairs to it but it is in good shape. It is situated in a small grove of Wisteria, White Mulberry, Mimosa and Maple Trees. I love this spot!

It faces south. Go two miles straight ahead and you will be at the Great South Bay, go another mile and you will come to Fire Island National Seashore and Robert Moses State Park which brings you to the Atlantic Ocean. I would not want to live anywhere else. I have spent nearly 50 years of my life on the South Shore of Long Island. It is the best!!!

We get used to seeing the planes fly in to Kennedy and LaGuardia. Even though one is passing over every few minutes it often goes unnoticed. But for those of us who are forever kids at heart we look at them with awe and wonder.

Since I have flown  out of the country a number of times it amazes me even more.

One just flew by, over the ocean within full view from back here. I thought about the passengers. It came in from the east, possibly from Europe or Africa. It is carrying people. Some fly in business class and are coming here to do work. Others are coming here to unite with family. We used to go to Idlewild Airport (what Kennedy was known as  back in the early 60's) on Sunday afternoons, to the old International Terminal to see the travelers come in. Seeing family members greet one another was better than any movie or drama you could see! It was heart warming!

To this day I love to go to the airport to take someone or to pick them up. I hang out for a while and watch. It is sweet. Well that plane has now landed and will be unloading soon. Let the celebrations begin! Have a great day! It is a beautiful one back here with birds singing, Day lilies blooming and the sweet scent of  the Mimosa blossoms in the air!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home