Friday, September 26, 2014

My Bowling Ball


I went bowling with my granddaughter, Emma and her friend Gabby last evening.

I suppose most people only own one bowling ball in their lifetime. Mine was bought for me over 40 years ago by my parents. My Dad loved bowling. He took me to the shop in Levittown to have my hand fitted and the holes drilled for it. He had my initials (which were also his) engraved on the ball.

Holding that bowling ball in my hands yesterday my thoughts went back over the years to the times spent in a bowling alley with my Dad. He was a great bowler, but more than that he was a great Dad. Living life without him is not sad, it is not traumatic. It was appropriate that he went to be with the LORD when he did.  I just miss him. There were so many things we enjoyed doing together that I just miss doing with him.

I am not looking for sympathy. In fact please don't offer any. I'm fine. Just do this. Embrace that time spent with children in your life. It is more precious to them than you can imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home