Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Robbed!

My good friend, Dennis Hodulick, had his new car vandalized and tires stolen last night. As I saw the pictures this morning my heart ached. All of us who have had things stolen or property needlessly damaged know that horribly feeling. It stinks. Our innocency is stripped away even more.

We live in a  sinful world. Jesus spoke about thieves that break through and steal. He also spoke about treasures in heaven. My friend, Dennis, has many. He will get over this although for right now I would like to be like Moe in Three Stooges and bang some heads together or thump the perpetrators over the head with the Bible. For those who say evil does not exist look at the photos of the wreckage he posted. Look at what ISIS is doing. Go to the courts today with my friend Rudy who is an attorney. 

The things we see as pastors and criminal attorneys are often beyond description. Lives have been destroyed, people crushed and often the bad guys getting away with it... for now.

On the bright side there is a city where the gates are never closed where there are no thieves, no robberies, no destruction... it is the new Jerusalem. It is being prepared. One day it will come down from heaven from God as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

For over 35 years I have stood in that place in the front of the church or garden as the bride came out. I am there next to the couple as they exchange vows. It is a sight! But when Jesus comes and the New Jerusalem comes down it will be infinitely more wonderful than you could imagine!

 I have also been there when they brought in the person we are grieving over for a the funeral service. I will officiate one this weekend. It is beyond words for the family. God bless them. But the Good News is that heaven is going to be a wedding feast and there are no cemeteries in the New Jerusalem! There will be no more death, sorrow, tears, pain! What a day! 

The gates will be open and we will not need insurance against thieves. I can hardly wait!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home