Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Time To Be Born And A Time To Die

I lost a dear friend yesterday. Bob was my main supporter in the church I have pastored for over 31 yeas now. He was not a "Yes Man". On the contrary he told me when I was wrong and pointed out things that I needed to pay attention to. He did it with a straight forward style that was his alone.

He prayed for me often. We were in three weekly prayer groups together. 

He worked hard at the church, harder and more dedicated than any man I have seen in my 36 plus years of pastoring.

He loved things I love: gardening, fishing, crabbing and eating! He also loved His LORD. We shared many many times together. He taught me how to roof. He listened to my struggles and put them into perspective.

He taught my kids in Sunday School along with hundreds of others over the years. My grandkids knew him and loved him.

He is in heaven today, probably doing yard work up there with a golden lawnmower!

I have one more strong reason to want to go there. I loved him. I miss him. I am so thankful for the honor of being his pastor all these years.

3 Comments:

At January 19, 2016 at 12:09 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful tribute to a dear friend, Larry! When I saw the photo you posted, I do remember meeting Bob on one of my visits to your church. He is certainly a memorable individual. Thank you for reminding me of this wonderful man and his dedication. Sending prayers of comfort weaved with wonderful memories to you and his dear wife and family.

 
At January 19, 2016 at 12:11 PM , Blogger Dawn F. said...

What a beautiful tribute! You and he had such a wonderful friendship. You were a lucky guy to have known Bob and he was lucky to have known you! He sounds like such a wonderful guy. You got the pleasure of learning so much from him. Too bad I didn't get to meet him earlier. You can learn so much from a man like that. You are a better man for having known him. Remember...he helped mold you into the man you are today. Cherish the memories. Keep doing what you're doing. Pay it forward.

 
At January 24, 2016 at 7:54 AM , Blogger John said...

As you know my Dad passed away very close to when Bob died. They were similar me from similar times. Hard working, no nonsense type of guys. I think the gardens in Heaven are going to look a little neater...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home