Thursday, January 18, 2007

It is the Real Thing!


Back in the late 60's & early 70's Coke had a sales slogan: "It's the real thing!"
They had a popular song that the adapted to the theme and the tune is still in our minds today- pretty effective advirtising!

But there was more. Since that time imitation items have grown. Sometimes it is hard to find the real thing today. Imitation crabmeat is really codfish with color and some chemicals. There is no comparison between it and king crab legs. For the past few days I have settled for dry creamer in my coffee. Yesterday I picked up half and half and when I put it in my coffee this morning- well you coffee drimkers know what I am talking about! We even have outdooor imitation flowers. They look real but who ever heard of tulips blooming in the summer?! I have two beds of tulips I put in two years ago. They bursted open last spring and one of my daughters admiring their beauty heard me comment that they will last about two weeks. She asked surprisingly, "You mean they are real?!"
Unfortunately we have come to accept imitation in our culture today. The search for reality is nothing more than a TV Show to many. There are no imitation flowers in my backyard or even my front yard for that matter.

Once you have experienced the real thing, nothing else can ever fully satisfy.

Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth and the Life!


________________________

12:21pm- Back from the Thursday Morning Bible Study- It has been a month since we met. This morning we studied Psalm 58-60. We sang and prayed together. Just as He promised Jesus was there in our midst. Hebrews 10:25



2 Comments:

At January 18, 2007 at 10:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro. Larry - cool blog page.
Jesus is the Real Thing for sure.
When I was in Mepham, I had no room in my heart or life for Jesus, even though I attended church regularly. However, I have come to know him in the reality He promises. As you said, and as He said in John 14:6 - (he is) the Way and the Truth and the Life, and the only way to the Father.
Blessings and Peace to you and Lucy.

Nick - Mepham '72

 
At January 19, 2007 at 7:04 AM , Blogger John said...

Great thoughts. I've got some of that real h&h in my coffee right now! I'm looking forward to being able to grow tulips now that I live in the north again!

JRF

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home