Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another Day, Another Dollar or Is It?

Bill was an assistant butcher in the grocery store I worked in when I was in High school. When I worked a full day like on a Saturday or school vacation, he always greeted me, "Well Larry, another day, another dollar."

In a song by the same name of Bill's Greeting the last stanza is:

Now my life is like a highway

Just too many roads to take
You know I'll try to take the right one
Just gets harder every day

This poor soul doesn't know the joy and peace of traveling on the road that leaves to life. Jesus Christ is the Way. My friend Rudy Migliore told me a few years back something that has stuck in my mind, "You know, Pastor Larry," he said, "there are a lot of broken hearted people out there." He was and is right.

What a different way of looking at things this song writer had:

Oh I have found it! The Crystal Fountain,
Where all my life deep needs have been supplied,
So freely flowing from Calvary's Mountain,
And now my soul is fully satisfied.

His name was Floyd Hawkins. I had the privilege of meeting him. I was working in another grocery store- this time when I was in college. He and his wife were shopping. I recognized him from his being introduced to our congregation in church the past Sunday. When I told him how meaningful his songs has been to me as a young man, he blushed a bit. You see the poor soul that wrote, "Another Day, Another Dollar," by his own self confession was lost, while Floyd Hawkins and all have sung this song he wrote from their hearts know the origin of it is from heaven.
It can be another day another dollar today
or
This is the Day that the LORD has made
I will rejoice and be glad in it!

The song that is in your heart today tells the direction you are heading
and the road you are traveling on.

Sunrise is upon us here in the east.

Top of the Morning to You!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home