Friday, January 5, 2007

Some of My Favorites Places On The Island

Me at the Bay Shore Marina




The Great South Bay



The Fire Island Lighthouse
(prior to renovations)



My Three Sweeties
Robert Moses State Park
The Atlantic Ocean



My Pond in the Backyard
Springtime



Long Island Ducks at Mill Pond, Bellmore, Long Island



Water Hyacinth in Bloom in My Pond in My Backyard
Summertime

______

Some of My Favorite Places Here on the Island from Years Gone By


The Bellmore Church of the Nazarene
The church I grew up in.
I knew the people in that church loved me.

Snow in Bellmore
This is my brother Mark and Danny Loughlin
Oh what great times we had!
I can smell Mom's homemade chicken soup right now!
Mmmm Good! (Sorry Campbell's)


Martin Avenue Elementary School
Bellmore, Long Island
I attended here K thru 6th Grade

Our Class Picture
Fall of 1967


Our Graduation Picture
June 1968
(I am in the second row, second from the right)


Me, Kenny Devins, John Delisa today
Kenny and John still live right in Bellmore.

My first bank
Franklin National Savings Bank (back then)
We brought our bank books and money in each week and the school woul deposit
it for us and then return our books. I saved my first $100.00 this way.

Our neighborhood "team"
We were Jr. Mets
A Yankee was not allowed to live on our block
(But we've mellowed- one of my son-in-laws is a Yankee fan)
(Who'd thunk it!)


Jerusalem Avenue Junior High School
"Long Distance" Runners
We were half milers!
Little did we know...
That when Paul Limmer got a hold of us at this school
W.C. Mepham High School
He would run our legs off (well almost)!

I still have my legs 35 years later.
Oh the hours spent on this track!
Words are appropiate for the best Track and Cross Country Coach any team in the world has ever had. I have written about Paul Limmer before. Simply said he was the best!

Cross Country Practice September 1971


1972



Sunken Meadow

Bellmore Public Library
Hours were spent here goofing off and even once in a while doing some homework!


Tommy's Pizza
Bedford Avenue
Bellmore, Long Island
It is still good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home