Friday, January 5, 2007

Good Morning Bay Shore, Long Island and the Rest of the World!

For NYers this is an exciting weekend. Both of our football teams are in the playoffs. Of course we are all hoping the outcome is better by far than NY's (Yankees and Mets) baseball teams had this past fall.

The weather outside is anything but what the song depicts of winter (Oh the weather outside is frightful) and if you made a fire today it wouldn't be delightful. You would end up turning on the air conditioning! The forecast is for 65 tomorrow. Two years ago this week we were digging out from a nasty blizzard. Today we are digging out our golf clubs.

Of course the pessimists and negative thinkers say we'll be digging out our snow shovels in a few weeks. Perhaps they are right,"but I would rather be an optimist and be wrong than a pessimist and be right any day."- from the movie "I.Q.:Think Love".

I usually watch this movie every March. It is a great way to bring in the spring! I saw it when it came out in the movies and fell in love with it. When I went to buy it years later I could not find it anywhere. Finally, FYE located it in their warehouse and ordered it for me. It cost $4.95! It is amazing to me how today a rare jewel is discarded and junk is high priced!

If you can find this movie get it, watch it on March 31st or April 1st. You will be pleasantly surprised, Of course since it takes place at and around Princeton you will have had to lived or curretnly reside in the northeast for the full effect. As one of the critics said, "This movie is so good that it makes you wish you were alive in the era it takes place in." I may treat myself to it tomorrow.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home