Sunday, January 7, 2007

Love These Pictures!


With all the technology at our finger tips today, I have combined some pictures with present and past. Here are some of my favorites:

Isn't this some trio?
On the left is my son-in-law, James
the right my daughter, Tonya
in the middle is Emma, my granddaughter, a custom blend!


The Title of this one is "My Smiles"
(Click on pictures to enlarge)



Like Father, like daughter!



Definitely an incredible picture
Tonya and I in May 79 when I graduated from Bible College
Emma and I the night her dad graduated from
Med School in June 2006
Both of my girls had a full night and were all tuckered out!
What great kids!


More of my story...
An oldie but a goodie!

This is a combined picture (like you couldn't tell) of my friend and brother and prayer partner,
Kim Richardson. He was traveling with a musical group from college and I was in a musical group made up of teenagers from across Nazarene Churches in Metro New York.

Kim's group played at a camp I attended back in 1971. Little did I know then that, at this point in 2007, he and I would have been praying together for 17 years on a regular basis. We meet several times a year to pray.

I don't remember meeting him in 1971 but I do remember the group.

The group I was in was a traveling group that met on weekends and over summers.
This picture (of me) was taken in the Clinton, New Jersey Church of the Nazarene. The pastor was Bob Rapaljie. Two years later he would come to pastor the Church of the Nazarene in Bay Shore, Long Island. He built the church without ever borrowing a penny- yes it never had a mortgage! That was in 1976. 8 years later I would come to pastor that same church!

Kim pastored the Buffalo First Church of the Nazarene in the early 1980's while I was the pastor of the Olean Church of the Nazarene. That is how we met. I came back to the Island and a few years later Kim went to Massachusetts. While taking a class there we talked and first thought about praying together.

All these connections were being made back then and I didn't know it. I did not have a clue! Now God is continuing to connect the dots in my life. It is wonderful.

To God Be the Glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home