Friday, February 16, 2007

High Tech

In so many ways I am a kid at heart. I have always enjoyed the latest inventions. Last night after hooking up the new coffee maker system my dad and mom bought us for Christmas (Notice it is not called a coffee pot anymore and for good reason!) I commented to Lucy that this is the kind of stuff they told us about in the 1964 World's Fair- cordless phones, coffee makers that had little computers in them. I enjoy this stuff- all the way from scanners to the cell phone I carry to the VHS/DVD Recorder I will purchase soon (I like to master one thing at a time befor getting another one that will require extended reading time in a "small" manual). It fascinates me!

However there are so things in life that no matter how great the technology is, they don't change. Take the need we have to love and be loved. Take the beauty of nature year round. Even with all our advances we still grieve over the loss of a loved one. And we still enjoy looking at old pictures like this one from yesterday. After Stu asked me if I had a higher resoluton of one I played around and came up with this one:

Click on the picture for enlargement


Have a great weekend!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home