Monday, June 4, 2007

Laughter is Good Like Medicine

This happened to me back in 1976...

I was in Bible College, in Colorado and working in a 7-11. There were two doors as most 7-11's have. For some reason Southland Corp decided that it would be a good idea to label with stickers "In" and "Out" Why they did this made no sense but we complied and put the stickers on. One day the "Out" door broke. I was coming back from filling the dairy cooler when I noticed my manager was laughing so hard he had tears coming out of his eyes. He then related the following incident: A lady had made her purchases and proceeded to leave. When she got to the door she saw the sign on the "Out" door that said, "Broken, please do not use." All this time people were coming and going through the "In " door. She paused, read the sign and said to my manager, "What do we do now?!" I joined him in his laughter.

A cheerful heart is good medicine- Proverbs 17.22

4 Comments:

At June 6, 2007 at 9:23 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Larry - it's a good laugh. But don't forget there are those of us who ALWAYS play by the rules and when you change them in the middle of the game we get confused! Pam R

 
At June 6, 2007 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Larry said...

Was that you in that 7-11 that morning, Pam?

 
At June 11, 2007 at 6:32 AM , Blogger John said...

That's great!! I wonder if this works at Home Depot too? All this time, I've wasted all those steps going in the IN door!

 
At June 11, 2007 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Larry said...

It does in the Bay Shore Home Depot!!! I know- I have done it. I need to see if it works in Lowe's- I go there now- it is real close.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home