Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Sundial

A boyhood memory in my backyard now!

Just the other night I mentioned to Lucy that the one thing I would love to add to the yard this year would be a sundial.

I remember as a little boy my dad taking the family back to New Jersey where he spent some of his childhood. There in Zarapheth is a park with a sundial. My dad showed it to me and showed how to tell time by it. I have filled my yard with things memories and desires from my youth. There is a fish pond, an azalea bush, Honeysuckle in bloom as I write this, and a host of of other things. I even found one of those old metal chairs that we used to have back in the 60's. I painted it and it is back there.

Jackie and Peter (James' sister and brother-in-law) gave me a gift certificate for Father's Day to the coolest nursery in the world (http://www.hicksnurseries.com/)

Emma and I stopped there to see if they had sundials and sure enough there was the on pictured here on this post. I bought and you can see how nice it looks in my backyard. My backyard has become a place full of gifts from wonderful people that I am so blessed to have in my life.

You guys are always welcome to come and visit.

God bless each of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home