Thursday, June 26, 2008

More on the Early early Bird

Last year the catbirds would land on the picnic table as I was eating. They are even more friendlier than the chickadees. This morning one landed on the round tale as I was eating breakfast. She returned a few times. She landed at my feet- I could feel the breeze from her wings as she came in. I noticed that she was getting the little blackberries for her brood. I got some and put them on the table- I had to go in for a minute. Returning, they were gone! I have new friend!

I'll keep you posted...

On another note, a toad has been chirping near the pond...

On still another note, Lucy picked her first cucumber from the garden today. We grew them in the pile of compost formed from last year's blooms of daylilies and tiger lilies- it was the sweetest cuke I have ever had!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home