Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Reflections

I feel like George Bailey today- only - not just the richest man in town but the richest man on earth. It is the people God has placed in my life that make me feel this way. All through the years I have had wonderful people around me.

Growing up in Bellmore the Butler family lived across the street. They still are there. As with many folks from Bellmore it was such a great place to grow up that many never moved out. Unlike the end of The Wonder Years, the Kevin Arnolds of Bellmore came back to live there.

Jeanette Butler sent this e-mail out yesterday and I got her permission to share it today:

To my Lovely Family & Friends,

Merry Christmas! For a couple of days, I have been thinking what I was going to write in this message. I wanted it to be cutesy and joyous as well as meaningful. So, here it goes--

First, I decided to be totally different this year and write early in the morning. By now, some of you are up ripping about those presents which Santa left ONLY for you last night. By the way, I hope that you are having fun attacking these presents. By the way. the reason that I underline only is because each of you have been good this year and are very special to Santa as well as ME.

After you finish with opening your gifts. just remember that you have one more gift which can't be put under your tree. In fact, this precious gift came over 2,000 years before we were born. It came in form of a baby born in Manager. This baby came for each one of us so we can have everlasting peace and love not only on Christmas Day, but each day of our lives.

As we go about enjoying this famous day, let's us pause and thinking of this important which God gave each of us. Merry Christmas and may your New Year His Peace & Love. As the words of "The Christmas Song" says, "May all of our trouble be out of sight." That is my prayer for all of us.

Love you,
Jeanette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home