Sunday, March 15, 2009

Overwhelmed

After my kids grew up and began to move out of the house I had a yard they used to play in that was quite empty so I began to fill it with flower beds. I have done this for nearly 10 years now.

This time of the year can be overwhelming out back. There is much to do as far as cleaning up from the winter. Leaves and dead plants from the previous growing season abound. In fact if not taken a little bit at a time the joy of gardening can be lost.

Life is like that. We are on a journey. Even though we go through the shadow of death David wrote, "I will fear no evil, for You are with me. Your rod an our staff they comfort me." We would like to run through this valley but we can't. Even there the LORD has good things for us- His Presence, His Comfort, Songs He gives us in the night.

Every day living can be overwhelming at times. When it is we need to keep looking to the LORD, trusting in Him, praying and not worry about tomorrow. Those who are in the process of learning how to do this (I am one of them) experience His peace which surpasses all understanding.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home