Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

The last weekend of the Summer of '09 and the weather here on Long Island is perfect. Although I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures of the fall, these mid 70 degree days with low humidity suffice.

Lucy and I visited a number of folks from our church in the nursing homes today. They were all glad to see us. We stopped at the bank and the post office and the grocery store as we made our way from Brentwood to West Babylon and back home. We finished our excursion at the Country Buffet. Arriving in mid afternoon we thought it would be empty but it was not. Many people waited in line to be seated after us. It was crazy. I guess many folks had in mind to do what we did- eat an early dinner.

I just took a walk out to the pond and once again two leopard frogs jumped in as I approached. I noticed yet another rebloom on a day lily yesterday which means the season will be extended for another month. None of these new ones have bloomed yet.

Have a good Labor Day!
I'll be spending mine in the backyard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home