Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We Have Frogs!

This morning after our nursery school meet the teacher I went out to the pond for a few moments. Three kerplunks later and I knew that our third tadpole had become a leopard frog. Three tadpoles went in around Memorial Day and here a day after Labor Day we have three frogs.

Over the past few days we have had another box turtle sighting, a shrew run across the path by the garden and now a third in our brood of frogs.

It is funny because these guys act like they are in a big pond or even lake. They jump in to escape being captured. They don't realize that they are a big frog in a little pond. 25 years ago I moved from upstate New York, from a community of 20,000 back to the Metro Area I was born and raised in, which has a population of over 22 million souls. I was a big frog in a little pond. Now I have become a little frog in an ocean. It okay. I love serving and working here on Long Island. My children and grandchildren are all here. Life is very good. I am content.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home