Sunday, October 25, 2009

Castaway

I decided to watch another Tom Hanks movie last night. I got half way through it and needed to go to bed. So this evening I finished it. Castaway played an important place in my life years ago. A few of my friends urged me to rent it, I ended up buying it and I am glad I did. I have watched it a number of times.

It is the closing scenes that gripped my heart. When Chuck is explaining to his friend and coworker about being on that deserted island, some heavy dialog ensues. Those lines where he speaks about needing to keep breathing ae poignant. I'm paraphrasing: I never thought I would get off that island. I just kept breathing and one day the tide brought in a sail so I could leave. I know what I need to do now. I need to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun is going rise and who knows what the tide may bring in?

It could be as you read these words all hope seems to be gone. Perhaps your life is in disarray. Maybe you are grieving the loss of someone you love. Maybe life has brought you to a place you never dreamed you would be at. Keep breathing. Tomorrow the sun will rise and who knows what the tide will bring in?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home