Friday, January 6, 2012

Its That Time Of Year

January is the coldest month of the year. It is for the most part the least active month in the garden. Yet yesterday, my grandson, Tristan, joined me for a trek out to the fish pond to see if any fish were up. They weren't. He noticed the ice around the falls. We came back inside. I have a marigold in a pot from last year, still blooming. I showed him how to get seeds off the dead flowers. We have enough seeds for loads of marigold plants now.

In a few weeks I'll plant the first of the Day Lily Seeds, then others. This is a great time for planning for this year's gardens. I still add regularly to the compost pile. Birds are enjoying suet at the feeders.

Next month the crocus will appear... and we'll be on our way. Enjoy the break because it won't last long. Soon we'll be back out in our yards, gardening and loving each moment of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home