Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Packages Arriving

Today several packages arrived at my house. One came through the regular mail, one through UPS. One contained a special gift I had ordered, one a gift from a friend.

Its Christmas time, a time for giving and receiving. When I was young it was all about getting. As I got older it was a mixture of giving and receiving. Now it is all about giving, well almost. I still enjoy getting gifts. The enjoyment of giving is greater these days, much greater.

Any reader of this blog knows how much I enjoy feeding the birds. As I write they are out there enjoying an afternoon snack. My grandkids enjoy it too. We had a first yesterday, a pair of Downey Woodpeckers, a male and female together! How beautiful! I love to see God's creatures enjoying themselves in my yard.

I cannot even begin to imagine the thoughts God had in sending His Son to this earth. It was the greatest gift ever given! Thanks be to God for His indescribable Gift!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home