Friday, December 21, 2012

Thoughts Before Christmas

In a few hours schools will close for the Christmas Vacation. We used to say to our teachers back in Martin Avenue Elementary School, "See you next year!"as we left to go home.

At Mepham High School, we were treated to concerts in the gym and food in the cafeteria the last day of school in 1971. Jamie Glaser was one of our classmates so you can imagine the caliber of the music.

My Christmas shopping is all done, food and all. I am laying low as I am fighting a bad cold. This afternoon I may even throw on an old Christmas movie as I recover.

Last night I was giving thanks for a warm home and a comfortable bed. Quite the opposite for the Baby Whose birth we celebrate when He was born.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home