Friday, May 23, 2014

Memorial Day Reflection

It does my heart good to hear of families getting together over this Memorial Day Weekend. Kids making trips to be with parents, Grandkids visiting Grandparents, my mom at my sister's... these things are what the brave fought for. I heard it again last Saturday evening at a Girl Scout ceremony in the park as they pledged, "On my honor, I will try:
To serve God and my country,
To help people at all times,
And to live by the Girl Scout Law."
I heard it as the whole crowd pledged to allegiance to the flag, "One Nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
I grew up in Bellmore with Memorial Days spent with family and being thankful that we live in America.
I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me!
Long may our flag wave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home