Thursday, March 6, 2008

Jesus in The Garden

I grew up with this picture.

It is part of the stained glass of the Springfield Gardens Church of the Nazarene, in Queens, New York. Here my dad and mom were married. My grandparents and aunt and uncle were part of the church as well. I remember as a little kid seeing that awesome depiction of our LORD in the Garden of Gethsemane each week.

My mom and dad had it in our home. I remember seeing this and thinking of Jesus and his great love for us.

I have gone to the Garden of Gethsemane in Jerusalem a number of times. It is a very quiet place. The place of the olive press, or where olives are crushed, here at the foot of the Mount of olives Jesus was crushed as He prayed and willing, lovingly submitted to the will of the Father.

This Holy Week take some time for Him and you to be alone,
perhaps in a Garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home