Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm Learning To Let Things Go

It is definitely not a part of my nature but I am learning to let things go. I have a long way to go in this but I am on the journey! I used to obsess if something wasn't working and would stay with it until I fixed it or wore myself out- sometimes at the same time! It used to be that way if I "lost" something. I would suspend all other activities in search of that thing. But I am learning to let go.

The other day the pump on my fish pond stopped. I had a full weekend and had no time to mess around with it. I let it go. That was the wise thing to do. It was not easy. Change never is. Changing old patterns takes discipline and sometimes speaking to your soul. I walked away after I tried some simple things.

This morning, now that things have calmed down some, and I have more time I went out and took the pump apart. I cleaned it all out and put it back together. Then I turned the switch on and the water started flowing again!

I'm learning to let things go until I really have the time to deal with them. It is a challenge for me but with the LORD's help I am winning the battle and feeling good about it.

OK let's take a walk through the yard!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home