Friday, November 21, 2008

A Letter to Billy Graham's Son

November 17, 2008
1312 Pine Acres Blvd.
Bay Shore Long Island, NY 11706-5436


Dear Franklin:

Each Thanksgiving I have a personal tradition of thanking the LORD for the people He has brought into my life. I also thank them personally, through mail or e-mail.

Although we have only met once, I want to include you. Samaritan’s Purse has been a blessing to me and to my church.

When the shoeboxes came in last Sunday my heart was overwhelmed. Our church is very small but is almost all heart. Thanks for letting a small group of God’s people be involved in such a wonderful thing.

Last year I brought in an expert to help my wife and I put together our shoebox-our then nearly 4 year old granddaughter. I told her we were going to get gifts for a girl her age who didn’t have many things. Emma and I went to work. When my daughter (her mom) came to get her she told her, “Mom, Poppa and I shopped and brought things for a little girl who doesn’t have hardly any toys and we are sending them to her for Christmas!” She then brought her mom by the hand int the dining room and showed her the shoebox we put together. Thanks Franklin for your splendid ministry of letting the saints do the work of blessing others.

Some years ago another pastor and I took some medical supplies and surgical tools to Boone. We met. You told me you flew into Republic Airport from time to time. I offered then and the offer still stands that if you were ever in need of a ride to Kennedy Airport I would be more than happy to help. I am just 15 minutes away from Republic.

God bless you in your service to the King!

May you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your dad remains a hero to me and is in our prayers.


In Jesus Our LORD,

Pastor Larry A. Mancini, Jr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home