Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Backyard to Backyard


I had such a fascinating dream last night. I was back on Martin Avenue in Bellmore, the backyard I grew up in. Lucy was there and so were other family members including my mom. I remember two particular things. One was the patio roof off the garage we used to climb up on and have a world all our own.

The other thing was the slate path that led down the yard to the area behind the currant bushes which my dad gave to us as our own to dig and do whatever we wanted to in.

Kids today find excitement online playing games with kids around the world. We used to dig holes in the ground and dream of coming out in China! I recently told Lucy this and she laughed. She said that when she was a kid in China they used to say the same thing only it was America they would come out in.

A miracle in my life is that two kids at heart some years later had their dreams come true in a large part.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home