Sunday, January 11, 2009

Trains

On the train last evening I overheard a young man talking on his cell phone to a friend. He was heading into the city to meet this young lady he had met a few weeks ago in New Jersey. They were having their first date. All the arrangements were made. His mom said to him as he left, “Suppose she doesn’t show up?” He said to his friend, “Way to build up my confidence, Mom!”

He went onto say how she made him anxious about the date. Suppose she doesn't show up? There are those who build up our confidence and those who undermine it. There are those who give us a dose of reality every once in a while. All of them make life interesting, but I ahve to admit I prefer those who build up my confidence yet I need all three.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home