Friday, January 8, 2010

God Answers Prayer

God answers prayer. I was taught that since I was a child. Over my 53 years on the earth on my journey to heaven I have learned He has a variety of answers.

Sometimes He answers immediately and definitely. I love these answers. They are easy to take and always make me feel good. I have prayed in His will and He has come through!

But you don't have to be on the journey too long to find out that is not always the case.

Sometimes He says "Wait". I have never met anyone who enjoys waiting in line at a store. I have met some people who hate it. Most people tolerate it. While in the Post Office (and running a little late) the other day I called Lucy. She asked where I was. I told her, "I am patiently waiting in line at the Post Office." Some people smiled. Waiting is difficult, particularly if there is little to do while you wait.

Sometimes God says, "No." Why He answers this way is not always clear at the moment and some of these answers we will never understand. We didn't when our parents told us. We didn't like to hear that answer and truth be told we still don't. While the immediate answers fire my faith, the answers of "wait" and "no" test my faith. Sometimes the delayed answer is more wonderful than we can imagine when it comes. The "no" answer we have to live with and embrace if we are to grow and become strong in our faith and love for the LORD.

This evening I am giving thanks for answers of "yes" that came in the past 24 hours, while still praying over some as I wait for the LORD. I am in awe and wonder of the times God has said, "No," usually by me not getting what I asked for. I trust Him fully. He knows everything.



1 Comments:

At January 12, 2010 at 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is so enjoyful of reading your thoughts and feelings of living in God. I was a patient person, and still not really.But God has gradually changed me from inside. Just some words to share with you. May God bless you and listen to your prayer always.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home