Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Night Before Christmas Eve

T'was the Night Before the Night Before Christmas...

All the shopping is done (groceries and gifts!). Greeting cards have all been sent. The Halls are all decked and this year we even have a real Christmas Tree! It is the first time in 10 years. Presents are already around it. Stockings are hung (we don't have a fireplace) on the wall.

Many many memories flood my mind and heart. The old shows are so good. They bring back times past. My past is not better than my present by a long shot. Part of this is due to the 5 beautiful grandchildren who are with us, their parents are a great reason too. Still I embrace the past with affection. I loved growing up in a home with love and joy and excitement at Christmas. It was one of those times when my dad was home all day with us. Days before computers, Facebook, blogs, DVDs, cell phones were good. Now we have to work to find the quiet away from them. I hope you can this Christmas Season. I have already and will attempt at more moments before the New Year. Reflection, Relaxation, Reclusion are not things that come easy these days but thye are needed for all for us. Peace to each of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home