Saturday, November 28, 2009

Its That Time of Year

The fading in of the season of Christmas always pleased me. While we are still eating leftover turkey, out come the first of the Christmas Decorations, at least that is what happened here last night. While the ham cooked on the rotisserie, Emma and I decked the halls- well at least we got some of it got done.

My nephews went and got more potato bugs for their newly acquired Venus Fly Traps. We ate ham and baked yams and drank sparkling cider and laughed and talked. It was wonderful having Lucy at the table with us. We missed her. Due to the jet lag Emma had not seen her grandmother since she arrived home from China earlier in the week. It was a glad reunion.

Emma summed up our feelings about our home yesterday. When she pulled up she said, "This is my favorite place." Her cousin Marlee had just said that about Target which was their last stop before arriving here. When we were pulling out the decorations, Emma exclaimed, "I love this house!" I concur.


2 Comments:

At November 29, 2009 at 6:43 AM , Blogger John said...

I love this time of year too. Going to get the Christmas stuff out today. I'm sure Emma's comment made your heart feel good!

 
At November 29, 2009 at 8:51 AM , Blogger Larry said...

Warmed to the depths! What a wonderful compliment!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home