Saturday, November 7, 2009

More Leaf Mulch

Early this morning I ventured outside where Jack Frost had left his mark and brought several wheel barrels of fine leaf mulch into the backyard. This came from the churchyard. Last time we bagged up the leaves from the church property I am told they exceeded 100 bags. Instead of the plastic going to a landfill with leaves in it, it goes into my yard and by February some of the most beautiful soil you have ever seen is there. Long before Al Gore made his documentary I have been doing my part in taking care of the earth. In the backyard, what Adam did in Eden, after creation continues. We are taking care of our tiny part of the planet. My backyard blog and its link to Facebook are the only fanfare we get.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home