Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thankful For Everything

I just returned from the best run I have had in years. Before the sun rose here on Long Island's South Shore, with the Radio City Christmas Show Music playing in my ears, I was running. What made this one so special was I did the whole non stop. What a great feeling! I cannot describe how good feel after these runs but this morning was added with elation because I broke through a barrier. Just the other day I was dreaming about it.

As I write this several people come to mind.I am forever indebted to them. Jim Murrin, my Junior High Coach at Jerusalem Avenue, said to me in the 8th grade, "Mancini, how come you didn't go out for track?" I said, "I don't know." (Actually the thought never even entered my brain). He then said, "Go out for the team." That is how I first began to run.

When I got to Mepham High School, Paul Limmer, became my coach. In fact he still is! When I began to run again I asked him the questions. His answers lined up with the same ones I got from my son-in-law, James, who was a Physical Therapist and is now a fine young doctor. Last but not least is my friend, John Foster, who when I was his pastor, encouraged me to begin again and with some breaks from that time I am now regularly out there.

I doubt if I will ever run in a race again. I had my share in my youth. What I enjoy most is to out there in the morning or evening just running through my beloved neighborhood I lived in for 25 years now. Running just for fun has been a dream of mine for decades. I am living the dream. Thanks to the LORD Who gives me the strength and those men who are on my team!

What a beautiful sunrise we are getting on Sunrise Highway right now!

Happy Thanksgiving!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home